Alveley Cricket Club was formed on 1st April 1908; a former mining village we are located
in Southeast Shropshire 7 miles between Bridgnorth and Kidderminster. We offer a strong
structure and clear organization that provides an atmosphere for motivation through the
learning of skills and also through social interaction. We are one of the most recognized and
fastest growing sports clubs in the region.
• We have a proud tradition with over 100 years of history and have achieved national Sport
England Clubmark accreditation.
• The club is unique as it offers coaching opportunities for children aged 5+, 1st club in
Shropshire to offer coaching to this age group.
• Recognised by the ECB for our toddler/tots programme - 2014 ran the 1st year 4 school
cricket festival in Shropshire continued in 2015
• Shropshire’s longest running 6 a side competition (30th year) 16 sides play, with only one
competitive cricketer allowed per team
• Run annual events including: Family Christmas party, Halloween Party, Themed Nights,
Junior Presentation Evening, Adult Presentation Evening, Children in Need, Sport Relief,
Registration Evenings, Street Dance x4.
• Organised and run numerous charity collections including supporting: Sport Relief 2014
- £69, Children in Need 2014 - £234, Children with Cancer UK - £900, Kellie Smith Appeal
2013 - £400.
• Focus club for Shropshire
• CASA registered
• Ran indoor winter coaching for children aged 7-13 for the 1st time in 2014, average
attendances were 35 children per session.
• Partnership with local secondary and primary schools.
• Deliver Chance 2 Shine and associated programmes (9 years and on going)
• 100 members we invited to be special guests at Worcestershire County Cricket Club to
recognize all of our hard work.
• Proven track record of high quality delivery, we have skills and expertise required to deliver
• The club enters the Shropshire Under 10’s cricket festival with two sides, the only club to do
this in Shropshire (in 2013 & 2014).
• 2008 celebrated our 100th anniversary
• 2013 ran our 1st every fun run attracting 100+ people
• 2015 Clubmark Development plan used as good practice by ECB.
Whilst as a club we enhance and accelerate development of all the players just as important
is focusing on the supporting development of each of the players as people too. We have
focused both individually and collectively to ensure we provide opportunities for everyone.
Family is a key agent in nurturing, developing and supporting young players of all levels
and abilities. For example we have lots of examples where generations of the same family
continue to play for the club, this is very rare for most sports clubs. Our club is not just
about sport but social camaraderie and the opportunity to engage in multi-skills. We have
produced a positive and nurturing environment to support the development of younger
and older people. The growth of the club has been down to the environment and people
involved; our supportive environment will breed supportive players.