We understand that this has been a very worrying time for many families, a time where kids have missed out on meeting friends and taking part in sport. To help support our local community the club has made the decision to offer its junior coaching programme FREE for 2020.
We have five acres set in beautiful countryside that we enable us to run sessions as safely.
Free to all ages 5-16 years
Limited Spaces Available
Register your child now
After the sessions parents and families will be able to enjoy the biggest beer garden in Alveley.
To register your interest please email Kate firstname.lastname@example.org:
Contact phone number:
The ECB have published guidelines which now allow ‘Small group cricket activity, training or fitness in groups of no more than six (6), whilst still maintaining social distancing of two (2) metres.
This means that we can hold small group sessions of five (5) children and one (1) coach.
It is permissible for two or more groups of six (6) to train at the same time provided they are kept separate, and social distancing and strict hygiene measures are observed.
Alveley Cricket Club intends to run sessions on a Friday evenings starting on the 10th July. The groups/pods will be positioned well apart from each other utilising the 5 acres of the land to ensure no contact between groups.
The sessions will be 18:30 – 19.30.
Groups/pods will be allocated when numbers have been finalised.
For Insurance purposes and to enable contact tracing all participants of these sessions need to become members (We have introduced a special price for 2020). This is currently set at £1. There will be no charge for each individual session. You will need to pay at the first session and complete a membership application form. Anyone who books a session and fails to turn up will be excluded from future sessions.
If you are unable to comply with these rules then, unfortunately, you will not be able to attend the sessions.
Displaying Symptoms of COVID-19
- Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (temperature above 37.8 °C, a persistent cough, breathing problems, a new loss of taste or smell or other symptoms identified by the UK Government) must stay at home and self-isolate in accordance with the UK Government guidance.
- All members of the same household must do the same even if they do not display symptoms.
- Personal hygiene measures should be carried out at home before and after use of the facility.
- Please bring your own hand sanitiser where possible. If this isn’t possible wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after visiting the club.
- Travel together as a household
- Avoid Public Transport
- Please try to arrive at the Club 15 minutes before the session start time as possible.
- We kindly ask that all parents stay at the ground at all times during the session, the bar will be open serving hot and cold drinks which can be consumed OUTSIDE.
- Parents – Where possible please bring you own chairs to sit outside.
- Participants where possible should bring their own equipment (including a bat and either a hard / soft ball. Don’t worry if not the club can provide personal equipment in line with the ECB guidelines and these will be wiped down before and after use.
- Equipment is not to be shared by any participants during the sessions
- All participants should bring their own filled drinking bottles. The facilities to refill bottles will not be available
- Equipment including bat, ball and drinks should be kept in a zipped bag when not in use. Individual areas to leave equipment will be allocated to each participant.
- It is imperative that Social Distancing of two (2) metres is maintained at all times. Please advise your child on this fact before you arrive for the sessions.
- All the sessions will be set up to maintain this 2m distance between all participants including coaches.
- Each child will be allocated a pod, this is where there session will take place from.
Nets / Clubhouse:
- The nets will be open for older age group training when needed.
- The clubhouse bar facilities will be open as well as the use of First-Aid equipment.
- Their will be a procedure for purchasing drinks from the bar.
- Toilet facilities will be available.
- Once your session has finished please collect your child from their pod. They are then your responsibility.
- You are welcome to stay at the ground as long as you abide by the social distancing rules.
- Any concerns regarding the sessions or facilities should be put to a coach or committee member but preferably via a phone call or message afterwards so as not to impede the coach from packing there equipment away.
By purchasing your membership and attending these sessions you agree to the above terms and conditions. These rules are in line with current ECB guidelines and are there to ensure the safety of all people attending the Club’s facilities, including Parents.
Anyone who flouts these rules will unfortunately be asked to leave to ensure the Club’s compliance with current legislation.